ALTON — In collaboration with Ameren Illinois, Senior Services Plus in Alton is offering Safe and Virtual Energy Efficiency (SAVE) Kits to members of SSP.
SSP Marketing Coordinator Debbie Frakes said each kit contains items that help promote energy saving in the home. The kit also contains tools, such pliers and safety goggles so a member may install all of the item themselves. Members are able to place orders through the SSP Handyman Service.
“It’s a comprehensive package that our members would find useful,” Frakes said.
The SAVE Kit consist of:
- (6) Energy Star LEDs
- (1) 3’ piece of 1/2” Pipe Insulation
- (4) Energy Star LED Globes
- (2) 3’ pieces of 3/4” Pipe Insulation
- (2) Energy Star LED Floods
- (12) Outlet Gaskets and (12) Switch Gaskets
- (2) Advanced Power Strips
- (2) Self-Stick Door Sweeps
- (1) 1.0 GPM Kitchen Aerator
- (1) Safety Goggles
- (1) 1.5 GPM Bath Aerator
- (1) Pliers
- (1) ShowerStart TSV Thermostatic Valve
- (1) Screwdriver
- (1) 1.5 GPM Showerhead
- (1) Plumber’s Tape.
As an added benefit, Ameren Illinois is offering customers incentives for installing these products. Incentives are available until funds are depleted. There are three incentive packages:
- Virtually assisted install option — $150 Incentive Check
- Verified self-install option — $75 Incentive Check
- Non-verified self-install option — $20 Online Marketplace Coupon.
The SAVE Kit is free to all SSP members who must show proof of membership when they order. To place an order, call the SSP Handyman Service at 618-465-3298 ext. 116.