Artesian-Arts

Man who lured boy into Grapevine rec center bathroom to take explicit photos gets 20 years in prison

A Grapevine man who authorities say repeatedly molested an 11-year-old boy at the city recreation’s center last year has been sentenced to 20 years in federal prison.

Chansellor Ormon Hill, 26, had pleaded guilty in April to one count of sexual exploitation of children and faced up to 30 years behind bars. A judge sentenced him Friday.

Hill was arrested on the federal charge in late January.

A Grapevine detective had interviewed Hill in October after the victim made an outcry and, according to a federal criminal complaint, Hill admitted that he’d taken the boy into a family bathroom at The REC and performed a sex act on the child — something he reportedly said he’d done 10 to 20 times since that May.

Hill also said he’d taken sexually explicit pictures and videos with the boy in the past, according to the court document. Authorities found such photos on his iPhone.

Asked about his conduct, the document says, Hill said: “I knew it was wrong … he’s 12 and I am 25. It’s pretty messed up.”

U.S. Attorney Erin Nealy Cox said in a written statement that the sentence should put anyone who wants to harm children “on notice.”

“No matter what dark shadows these pedophile predators hide in, law enforcement will shine a light on them and hold them accountable for their conduct,” she said.

Hill also faces a state charge of continuous sexual abuse of a child in the case, as well as charges in two unrelated sex crimes in Tarrant County.

In one of those cases, a student at a Grapevine elementary school said Hill had shown him a sexually explicit photo in April 2018, WFAA-TV (Channel 8) reported. A charge of sale, distribution or display of harmful material was filed against Hill last December.

Authorities also say Hill exposed himself at C.J. Hutchings Park in early October 2019, according to WFAA. He faces a count of indecent exposure in that case.

In response to a report about parents upset that Hill had been released on bond following those arrests, Gov. Greg Abbott tweeted in January that his office would “look into this tragedy” and that such cases would be part of bail overhaul proposals in the state’s next legislative session.

Source Article