- Homebuyer interest is soaring across the US, making for very competitive markets.
- There are things you can do yourself to increase the value of your home in this market.
- Realtor.com’s deputy editor, Rachel Stults, co-hosts the ‘House Party’ podcast, on the intersection of pop culture and real estate, and design trends are always top of mind.
- Stults gave Business Insider six ways sellers can quickly increase the value of their homes.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Homebuyer demand across the country is soaring.
For some sellers, depending on the location, there’s never been a better time to list. However, while markets are heating up, there’s no telling how long that will last given the current economic climate. So those eager to list might not have a whole lot of time to fix up their spaces.
Business Insider spoke with Realtor.com’s deputy editor and housing expert, Rachel Stults, to find out which DIY projects most increase the value of a home.
Stults is a nearly seven-year veteran of the definitive real estate website and c0-hosts the “House Party” podcast, on the intersection of real estate and pop culture. Design trends are always on the list of topics.
Throughout her career, Stults said, she’s found that several relatively simple DIY projects can help bump ROI.
“Even if you aren’t the handiest of homeowners, there are several DIY projects that you can do that can add value to your home.”
Her tips take into account all areas of the home, but she said the kitchen and bathrooms are essential areas of focus.
“They are arguably more important than ever, I would focus heavily on those places,” she said.
Keep reading for the six DIY tips that will help increase the value of your home.